The Nevada Police Department wishes to invite the public to the 3rd Session of the Citizens Police Academy. This program provides citizens with an inside look at the operations of their police department. The program is a lecture and interactive based program to allow the public to view community policing from the law enforcement perspective.
The program will be over an eight week period, every Wednesday from 7pm to 9pm beginning September 5 through October 24, 2012. Most classes will be held at the Nevada Police Department in the City Council Chambers.
Applications can be obtained at the Nevada Police Department and will be accepted now through August 24, 2012.
The program will include:
- Academy Orientation
- Tour of Western MO 911 Dispatch Center & Vernon County Jail
- Interactive Traffic Stop Training
- Criminal Law & Court Procedure
- Criminal Investigation & Interactive Crime Scene Training
- Illegal Drugs & Animal Control
- Traffic Enforcement and Police Patrol Procedures
- Domestic Violence & Sex Offenses
- Graduation Ceremony
- Interested persons must submit an application and be accepted into the academy
- Interested person must be at least 18 years of age
- No felony convictions
- No domestic assault, drug, or violent crime arrests
- Must be able to perform light physical activity
Dress will be casual unless advised by the instructor in advance. All materials needed for the class will be provided by the Nevada Police Department