- The City of Nevada is Committed to diversity and invites all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race or gender. The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.
The City of Nevada does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age, military status, gender, genetic information, or protected activities in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. The City of Nevada is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a public service job, review the vacancies and fill out an application on-line or pick one up at City Hall, 110 S. Ash, Nevada, Mo. 64772. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Applications are only taken for vacant positions.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Light Equipment Operator
The City of Nevada is currently accepting applications for a Light Equipment Operator for construction of the water distribution and sewer collection systems and street work.
The applicant must be able to operate light equipment, (and heavy equipment when needed), perform the skilled and semi-skilled labor associated with the job requirements and perform other job functions as required. Job duties include but are not restricted to:
- Perform semi-skilled to skilled work with skid steer, trencher, jackhammer, compactor, compressor, and other equipment of comparable size
- Operate heavy and other equipment calling for higher levels of skill as required and at the supervisor’s discretion
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, climb, twist, kneel and reach both to ground level and overhead; lifts and carries up to 100 pounds and /or pushes up to 150 pounds as required
- Assist in the construction of the water distribution system and sewer collection system; and repairing, installation, and maintenance of the City streets
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors, employees and the public
- May be required to work weekends or a variety of shifts, subject to call out on emergencies as needed 24 hours a day-year round, and may be on call as directed by the Field Operations Manager
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), class B, from the State of Missouri, or the ability to obtain one in a reasonable amount of time
The pay grade for this position is a 10, with the starting annual wage of $25,072. It includes full benefits with paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement and vacation and sick leave.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall at 110 S. Ash from the receptionist, online application, or through the Missouri Career Center. Eligible applicants must return applications by Monday, May 20, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. to be considered. EOE
The City of Nevada, Missouri is accepting applications for a City Treasurer. Duties include but are not restricted to administering the fiscal functions of the city, preparing financial reports, assisting the City Manager with the annual budget, maintaining a record of all the City’s assets, coordinating and preparing schedules for the City’s annual audit, and general oversight of finance department.
Nevada is a Home Rule City with a Council/Manager government, with a $16 million budget. Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or other closely related field. Experience equivalent to five years full-time, supervisory level fiscal/accounting work is necessary, including a minimum of two years experience in municipal government. Experience in a computerized accounting system, preferably InCode is necessary. Extensive experience at a managerial level in a municipal accounting environment may be substituted for the educational requirements.
Annual salary is DOQ, with excellent benefits. Submit cover letter, resume and references to City of Nevada Human Resources, Attn: City Treasurer Search, 110 South Ash, Nevada, MO 64772.
This position will remain open until filled. EOE